Dual Wall Heat Shrink Tubing
Protection From Moisture, Corrosive Substances, Electrical Insulation
Dual wall heat shrink tubing is a specialized protective material designed to offer a comprehensive solution for safeguarding wires, cables, and other components. It is particularly effective in environments where moisture, corrosive substances, electrical insulation, and mechanical protection are critical considerations. The construction of dual wall tubing involves two distinct layers, each serving a specific purpose.
Crosslinked Outer Jacket:
- The outer layer, often referred to as the jacket, is typically made of a crosslinked polymer material. Crosslinking enhances the tubing's durability, resistance to heat, and overall mechanical strength.
- This outer jacket acts as the first line of defense, providing protection against abrasion, chemicals, UV radiation, and other external elements that could compromise the integrity of the enclosed materials.
- The crosslinked structure ensures the tubing maintains its shape and properties even under challenging environmental conditions.
Inner Layer of Adhesive or Encapsulant:
- Beneath the outer jacket lies an inner layer that consists of engineered adhesives or encapsulants. This layer serves multiple crucial functions.
- Moisture and Corrosion Resistance: The adhesive or encapsulant is designed to create a robust moisture-resistant and corrosion-resistant barrier. When the tubing is subjected to heat during installation, this inner layer melts and forms a tight seal around the enclosed components, effectively preventing the entry of water or corrosive substances.
- Electrical Insulation: Dual wall tubing provides electrical insulation by isolating the enclosed wires or cables from the external environment. This is crucial for maintaining proper conductivity and preventing electrical malfunctions.
- Mechanical Protection: The adhesive layer offers mechanical protection by securely encapsulating the contents. This helps prevent damage from vibrations, impact, or other physical stresses.
Overall, dual wall heat shrink tubing is a versatile solution that combines the strengths of its outer jacket and inner adhesive layer to provide a robust and reliable protective barrier. This tubing is commonly used in industries such as telecommunications, automotive, and aerospace, where the longevity and performance of electrical components are paramount.