Yellow Jacket Cable Protectors (Dog Bone Connectors)
Yellow Jacket cable protectors can be used to protect cables and hoses in high traffic areas. These are more suitable for areas that receive heavy vehicles. Hence, yellow Jacket cable protectors can be used in highways as they can withstand loads of up to 32,000 lbs per axle. Along with an increased load bearing capacity, the heavy duty yellow Jacket cable protectors also provide optimal protection to cables and hoses against possible damage caused by regular vehicular traffic.
The yellow Jacket cable covers can provide increased elongation, up to 400–600%, compared to the usual 250% elongation. They are manufactured with high quality polyurethane for increased durability. The material can stretch when exposed to pressure due to heavy vehicles and returns to its original form as soon as the pressure is removed.
Features of Yellow Jacket Cord Covers
Extended Elongation – The manufacturing material durathane has 2827 psi tensile strength with at least 303% elongation and 113 mg lost per 1000 cycle abrasion resistance.
MUTCD Approved Colors–These come in bright yellow and deep black colors to ensure maximum visibility – for example, on a straight road they can be seen from a distance of 250-feet.
Increased Load Bearing Capacity – At standard temperature 70° F (21° C), yellow Jacket cord covers have a load bearing capacity of up to 48,000 per axle which is significantly more than the standard 21,000 lbs per axle.
Improved Design – Heavy duty yellow Jacket cable protectors come with extra wide channels, up to 5-inches in diameter. Extra heavy duty yellow Jacket cable protectors have 50% thicker base and lid design and are supported by stronger ramps for increased grip. The rounded dividers provide maximum protection to cables, cords and hoses from tearing or snagging.
Dog-Bone Safety Connectors – The Dog Bone safety connectors can be used to extend yellow Jacket cable protectors with other cable protectors. This feature makes these products suitable for a large variety of applications.
Increased Temperature Sustainability – Yellow Jacket cord covers have been temperature-treated – they can withstand temperatures as low as -40° F or -40° C or temperatures as high as 120° F or 48° C.
Improved Hinge-Pin Material – The hinge-pin has been manufactured with reinforced fiberglass for increased resistance against extreme weathers, breakage or damage.
Benefits of Using Heavy Duty Yellow Jacket Cable Protectors
- The fiberglass hinge pin can withstand all types of temperature and pressures. The reinforced fiberglass hinge pin does not bend which helps retain the shape of Yellow Jacket cord covers.
- The diamond treaded design on the lid reduces the chances of tripping or slipping and improves the overall performance of Yellow Jacket cable protectors.
- The Dog Bone connectors increase its functionality by enabling it to connect with all types of cable covers – this provides increased coverage.
- The hinged lid allows easy loading of wires, cables, and hoses. Make sure to close the hinge lid with grip tape to avoid the cover from flipping open.
Heavy duty Yellow Jacket cable protectors are used for a large variety of applications, including the following:
- Industrial areas
- Job sites
- Construction sites
- Convention centers
- Government and administrative buildings
- Race tracks
- Exhibition halls
- Roads and highways
- Fairs and amusement parks
- Music studios, dance halls and performance centers
- Outdoor sports arenas
Instructions to Remember
- Yellow Jacket cable protectors should not be left open. Secure the lid with grip tape after inserting the cables.
- Do not leave the cable ends bare or open. Use cable end covers to avoid sparking or chances of other such incidents which can endanger the safety of pedestrian and vehicular traffic.