Side Winder Cord Covers
Plastic Drop Over - 0.75" - 3" Channels, Pedestrian & Vehicle Rated
Sidewinder Cord Cover Features
- Made With Rigid ABS Plastic
- Flexible Design - curves, corners & s-curves are easily made.
- Modular design makes it easy to reconfigure or extend.
- Simple "snap in" assembly - no tools or cutting required.
- Fully customizable length.
- UV Resistant - Can be used indoors or outdoors.
- Highly Visible Color Options
The Ultra-Sidewinder Cable Protection System™ is an innovative new solution for protecting cables run across a floor. The new design articulates left and right, allowing the system to turn corners and adapt to the layout of the room, while maintaining full protection for the cables and trip protection for pedestrians. Cables can be left in the system for the ultimate in portability, or left in place indefinitely. There is no longer a compromise between safety and flexibility.
Made With Injection-molded acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) plastic and injection-molded Santoprene™ vulcanized rubber tabs
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) - "Electrical cords should not be run under carpets or rugs, as the wires can be damaged by foot traffic, then overheat and ignite the carper or rug over them."
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission - "Never cover any part of an extension cord with... rugs... while in use (and) never place an extension cord where it is likely to be damaged by heavy furniture or foot traffic."
- U.S. Fire Administration - "Many avoidable electric fires can be traced to misuse of electric cords, such as... running the cords under rugs or in high traffic areas."
The Ultra-Sidewinder eliminates the fire hazard associated with electrical cords as its rigid structure keeps the cord from being impacted and maintains the integrity of the insulation that keeps the wires from shorting out
THE RISK OF INJURY OR DAMAGE
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) estimates that each year, about 2,000 fractures, lacerations, contusions, or sprains are treated in hospital emergency rooms from people tripping over extension cords. (CPSC Document #16)
Tripping on cords is due to three possible conditions. The Ultra-Sidewinder provides trip protection from these conditions:
It protects from trips when you step on a round cord and it rolls under your foot. The rubber feet on the bottom keep it from sliding when stepped on.
It protects you if you kick the cord. A cord that does not move when kicked creates a trip hazard. The Ultra-Sidewinder is designed to give when kicked to minimize the hazard.
Cords can loop up and not sit flat on the floor. This creates an opening for one’s foot to get hooked into and cause a trip or fall. The Ultra-Sidewinder covers the cords and eliminates this concern.
Are we missing the specification you need? Please go to our Contact Us page and submit your question to us, or call 1-877-284-7760
|Part#||Dimensions In. (mm)||Weight||Load Capacity||Load Capacity per axle:||Internal channel opening||Max. turn per segment||Operating Temp.|
|Small||System: 39½ x 3 x ¾ (1,003 x 76 x 19) Extension: 13⅛ x 3 x ¾ (333 x 76 x 19)||System with endcaps: 1.5 lbs. (0.7 kg) Extension: 0.5 lbs. (0.2 kg)||2,000 lbs./in2 (140.6 kg./cm2)||32,000 lbs. (14,515 kg.||3/4” (19mm) wide x 3/8” (9.5mm) high||8-10 degrees (approx.)||-40°F to 120°F (-40°C to 49°C)|
|Medium||System: 33 x 9¾ x 1⅜ (838 x 248 x 35) Extension: 14⅛ x 9¾ x 1⅜ (358 x 248 x 35)||System with endcaps: 6.0 (2.7) Extension: 2.0 (0.9)||260 lbs./in2 (18.3 kg./cm2)||13,500 lbs. (6,123 kg.)||3”W x 3/4”H (76mm x 19mm)||8-10 degrees (approx.)||-40°F to 120°F (-40°C to 49°C)|
|Large||System: 34 x 13⅝ x 2⅛ (863 x 346 x 54) Extension: 14⅛ x 13⅝ x 2⅛ (358 x 346 x 54)||System with endcaps: 13.5 (6.0) Extension: 4.5 (2.0)||260 lbs./in2 (18.3 kg./cm2)||13,500 lbs. (6,123 kg.)||3”W x 1½”H (76mm x 38mm)||8-10 degrees (approx.)||-40°F to 120°F (-40°C to 49°C)|
Looking for a quotation ? We would be happy to help by providing a quick response, inventory status, and Volume Level pricing, when available. Please fill out the form below and a representative will be in touch with you within hours to one business day to answer any questions and quote your request.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question that is not answered here? Please go to our Contact Us page and submit your question to us.