Guard Dog® Cable Protectors - General Purpose
5 & 3 Channel Options, Standard Or ADA Ramps
General Purpose Guard Dog® Cable Protector Features
- Dog Bone Connectors To Extend To Any Desired Length
- Reinforced Hinged Lid For Easy Cable Placement
- All Weather Polyurethane Construction
- Patented 5 Bar Tread Surface For Maximum Traction
- Includes 4 Holes for Temporary Mounting
General-purpose Guard Dog® Cable Protectors are a quick and easy way to guard and protect valuable electrical cables and hose lines from damage and abuse while providing a method of safe crossing for constant vehicle and pedestrian traffic.
Each cable/hose line is separated and organized in its protective channel to ensure safety. Ideal for use in amusement parks, entertainment venues, sporting events, and in most public, commercial, industrial, construction, and utility applications.
Guard Dog heavy duty cable ramps combine exceptional cable protection with convenient portable design to give you optimal peace of mind. Guard Dog cable covers are also available in extra low profile options to adhere to ADA accessibility guidelines allowing you to offer a safe and inclusive work/event space for all patrons. These cord covers also offer top loading accessibility allowing for impressive ease of use in addition to their inclusivity. However, as these cord ramps do not compromise durability for their convenience or inclusivity properties, as evidenced by their sturdy polyurethane construction. You can rest assured that Guard Dog cable protectors will stand tough against whatever environmental strains you need them to. Furthermore, Guard Dog wire ramps are available in 3 and 5 channel options to accommodate a wide variety of cable management needs. Check out our Guard Dog Low Profile cable protectors are ideal for Military, industrial, and event cable protection applications.
GUARD DOG® 5-CHANNEL ADA CABLE PROTECTOR has built-in ADA accessibility ramps to provide a safe crossing for vehicle and pedestrian traffic while protecting valuable electrical cables and hose lines. Because the ramps are integrated, there is no need for separate connectors.
Another unique feature of this product is that it interconnects directly to a 5-channel standard ramp Guard Dog cable protector. This modular interlocking design is available in lightweight 18″ sections, and it includes a recessed carrying handle on the underside of the protector. Ideal for use in amusement parks, entertainment venues, sporting events, and most public, commercial, industrial, construction, and utility applications.
General Purpose Guard Dog Cable Protectors
Our range of guard dog cable protectors is an effective solution for all your cable protection needs. Manufactured with a durable polyurethane and in line with NEC standards, our range of general-purpose guard dog cable protectors have a high load-bearing capacity of 21,000 lbs per Axle. This makes them suitable for a variety of industrial, commercial, and public applications, including festivals, parks, schools, playgrounds, factories, office buildings, parking areas, etc.
With their dog bone connectors and endpoints, the guard dog cable covers can be used for long-term indoor and outdoor cable coverage. General-purpose guard dog cable protectors are a fast and efficient way of protecting valuable cables and hose lines from abuse or damage. They also enable pedestrian and vehicular traffic to cross safely, including disabled people. For pedestrians and disabled people, guard dog cord covers provide maximum support and floor grip per federal and state safety guidelines.
Why Should You Use Guard Dog Cord Covers?
- Lightweight products
- Easy to transport and install
- Carrying handle for increased grip
- Pivoted cover used for inclinations and ramps
- Two or more guard dog cord covers can be connected with dog bone connectors to cover more area
- Raised diamond tread design for a reduced slipping hazard
- Inside width of 0.21" makes them suitable for permanent mounting
- 2.25" x 1.25" smooth zone for following a standardized tag or RFID tag
- Recessed handles under each channel make removal and installation easier
Options to Choose
The general purpose guard dog cable covers are available in 3 channels and five-channel varieties. These products can withstand temperatures ranging from -40° F to 120° F (-40° C to 48° C). They also come with a hinge pin, which is manufactured with reinforced fiberglass to reduce the chances of breakage or damage.
- The 5-channel range has a load-bearing capacity of 10,500 lbs. (4,763 kg) per tire and 21,000 lbs. (9,526 kg) per Axle.
- The three-channel has a load capacity of 14,210 lbs. (6,446 kg) per tire and 28,420 lbs. (12,892 kg) per Axle.
Areas for Applications and Uses
Guard dog cord covers can be used in different areas, including the following areas.
- Government and administrative buildings
- Construction sites
- Race tracks
- Indoor and outdoor industrial areas
- Convention centers
- Exhibition halls
- Roads and highways
- Fairs and amusement parks
- Outdoor sports events
- Music studios, dance halls, and performance centers
Instructions for Installation
- The functionality of guard dog cable covers increases when the surface is smooth and free of bumps or holes. Before placement or installation, make sure to prepare the surface by removing any bumps and filling in gaps.
- Mark the placement position on the surface and connect all tools and pieces according to instructions. Join the female side of guard dog cord covers on top of the male side. After joining, press both sides down until they fit into the connecting ends.
- Secure the ends. For permanent installation, drill holes in the ground and secure the guard dog cable covers with nails. Insert the cables one by one into the channels. The wires may stick to each other if you overload the channels.
- Make sure that the lid can be easily closed without using pressure. Also, secure the top with grip tape to reduce the chances of flip-back.
Essentials to Remember
- Ask our representative about purchasing the connector ends with your chosen guard dog cable covers. When closing the lid, the cables should always be secured with connectors ends.
- Make sure that you correctly identify the estimated traffic load when selecting the guard dog cord covers.
Are we missing the specification you need? Please go to our Contact Us page and submit your question to us, or call 1-877-284-7760
Looking for a quotation ? We would be happy to help by providing a quick response, inventory status, and Volume Level pricing, when available. Please fill out the form below and a representative will be in touch with you within hours to one business day to answer any questions and quote your request.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question that is not answered here? Please go to our Contact Us page and submit your question to us.