High Capacity Drain Guards Ultratech®
High Capacity Catch Basin Insert For Large Amounts of Sediment & Oil
Ultratech® High Capacity Drain Guards Features
- 60” x 60” skirt fits almost any drain (up to 54” x 54”). Excess material can be trimmed if desired.
- Large, 3” wide, polyester handling straps help in removal of full units.
- The use of backhoes, forklifts, or other equipment is recommended for removal of units with large amounts of silt, dirt, and sediment.
- Helps comply with NPDES, 40 CFR 122.26 (1999) and TMDL requirements.
High capacity catch basin insert captures large amounts of sediment and oil
Protecting the drainage at a worksite is a simple matter with the Ultra-Drain Guard. This high-capacity drain guard is built with heavy-duty, needle-punched geotextile material that absorbs oil, grease, and other hydrocarbons, and captures up to 300 lbs. of sediment, dirt, and debris. The catch basin insert is easily installed and secured into place using a grate and retainer bars (sold separately).
Are we missing the specification you need? Please go to our Contact Us page and submit your question to us, or call 1-877-284-7760
Looking for a quotation ? We would be happy to help by providing a quick response, inventory status, and Volume Level pricing, when available. Please fill out the form below and a representative will be in touch with you within hours to one business day to answer any questions and quote your request.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question that is not answered here? Please go to our Contact Us page and submit your question to us.
How does the High Capacity Drain Guard compare with the standard Ultra-Drain Guard?
- The dimensions of the High Capacity Drain Guard are 60"x 60" x 35"
- The dimensions of the Standard Drain Guard are 48" x 36" x 18"
- Capacities of the High Capacity Drain Guard - Oil absorption: 1.9 gallons. Max sediment load: 300 lbs.
- Capacities of the Standard Drain Guard - Oil absorption: 0.87 gallons. Max sediment load: 40 lbs.
What are the retainer bars for and why would I need them?
The retainer bars are an option and are not required for installation or use of the High Capacity Drain Guards. They are helpful when installing and removing the Drain Guard as they will keep the unit in place whenever the grate is being lifted or put into place.
The Drain Guard is held in place by the grate on top of the catch basin. So steps must be taken before lifting the grate to remove the Drain Guard or the Drain Guard will fall to the bottom of the basin once the grate is lifted. By using the retainer bars and placing them through the handling straps you can prevent the Drain Guard from dropping when the grate is lifted.
What size drains is the High Capacity Drain Guard designed to be used with?
The Drain Guard can be used for drains up to 54" x 54" (Keep in mind that the Standard Drain Guard works with drains up 30" x 40"). Excess skirt material can be left in place and will actually act as a "pre-filter". If a neater appearance is desired, excess material can be removed by cutting it with a heavy-duty pair of scissors or a utility knife.
What are the two long straps on either side of the Drain Guard used for?
Those are lifting straps and help in removing a full Drain Guard from the catch basin. Note: The High Capacity Drain Guard can hold up to 300 lbs. Caution should be taken when removing it. Larger/heavier loads may require backhoes, forklifts or other equipment for removal.